Saxon burial ground under Warwickshire couple's home
A Warwickshire man has described the moment builders found human bones under his patio.
Stephen and Nicky West were having their home redeveloped when one of the builders unearthed the remains.
Mr West said: "There was a tap on the door and the builder said 'Stephen, I think there's something you need to see'.
"He had a skull in his hand and I thought 'oh my goodness'."...
comments powered by Disqus
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding