Become an HNN Legacy Donor
Are you making plans for your legacy?
Do you love history?
Do you think current events should be put in historical perspective?
Do you think that HNN can help put history in the center of national debates?
Consider becoming an HNN Legacy Donor by making a deferred contribution to the History News Network.
What kinds of assets can you give?
The easiest way to give is to add bequest language to your will or trust:
SAMPLE BEQUEST LANGUAGE
I give, devise, and bequeath to the History News Network, a 501(c)3 education non-profit, with offices at 119 Main Street, Suite 220, Seattle, WA 98104, ____ percent of my estate (or, the sum of $________; or, ____ percent of the residue of my estate) to be directed toward the HNN's endowment (or for specified purposes).
"I find the History News Network indispensable for keeping up with new publications and new interpretations, and keeping track of debates over history, in both its academic and public forms, throughout the world." — Eric Foner
"As its wide coverage and its impressive numbers of hits-per-week indicate, HNN has become the most important -- and reliable -- source for fresh historical interpretation and, of special note, for the understanding of current events placed, often provocatively, in their historical contexts." — Walter LaFeber
Fact: HNN is read by writers and editors from major national and international publications, including the New York Times, The Atlantic, The Washington Post, and The Guardian.
Fact: Each month, HNN is visited by some 300,000 readers.
Fact: No other website features original articles by historians on current events on a regular basis.
Fact: HNN is the cure for the superficiality of what-happens-today-is-all-that-counts journalism.
Founded in 2001 in partnership with George Mason University's Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media, HNN is one of the oldest and most esteemed history sites on the Web, and a digital history pioneer.
We are committed to injecting history into the national conversation, and have a proven ten-year track record of doing so:
To ensure that the History News Network has a future we are setting up an endowment fund.
comments powered by Disqus
- Shipwreck Found Under World Trade Center Traced Back To Colonial Era Philadelphia
- Bob Dallek in the NYT gives a rave review of John Dean's history of Watergate cover-up
- Ex-President George W. Bush Authors Book About His Father
- Tears, and Anger, as Militants Destroy Iraq City’s Relics
- Europe notes 100th anniversary of World War I
- Rick Perlstein: “Ronald Reagan absolved America almost in a priestly role not to have to contend with sin. The consequences are all around us today”
- History wars are raging in East Asia
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't