Become an HNN Legacy Donor
Are you making plans for your legacy?
Do you love history?
Do you think current events should be put in historical perspective?
Do you think that HNN can help put history in the center of national debates?
Consider becoming an HNN Legacy Donor by making a deferred contribution to the History News Network.
What kinds of assets can you give?
The easiest way to give is to add bequest language to your will or trust:
SAMPLE BEQUEST LANGUAGE
I give, devise, and bequeath to the History News Network, a 501(c)3 education non-profit, with offices at 119 Main Street, Suite 220, Seattle, WA 98104, ____ percent of my estate (or, the sum of $________; or, ____ percent of the residue of my estate) to be directed toward the HNN's endowment (or for specified purposes).
"I find the History News Network indispensable for keeping up with new publications and new interpretations, and keeping track of debates over history, in both its academic and public forms, throughout the world." — Eric Foner
"As its wide coverage and its impressive numbers of hits-per-week indicate, HNN has become the most important -- and reliable -- source for fresh historical interpretation and, of special note, for the understanding of current events placed, often provocatively, in their historical contexts." — Walter LaFeber
Fact: HNN is read by writers and editors from major national and international publications, including the New York Times, The Atlantic, The Washington Post, and The Guardian.
Fact: Each month, HNN is visited by some 300,000 readers.
Fact: No other website features original articles by historians on current events on a regular basis.
Fact: HNN is the cure for the superficiality of what-happens-today-is-all-that-counts journalism.
Founded in 2001 in partnership with George Mason University's Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media, HNN is one of the oldest and most esteemed history sites on the Web, and a digital history pioneer.
We are committed to injecting history into the national conversation, and have a proven ten-year track record of doing so:
To ensure that the History News Network has a future we are setting up an endowment fund.
comments powered by Disqus
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!