Stalin's Daughter Lana Peters Dies at 85
Lana Peters's life was a battle with history.
Ms. Peters was born Svetlana Alliluyeva Stalina and she was the only daughter of Joseph Stalin. Her life was spent in the shadow of the man who helped to forge Soviet communism, led the nation to victory in World War II, and was held responsible for killing more people than Hitler.
Much-married, restless, quarrelsome and elusive, she wrote best-selling memoirs, defected to the U.S., returned to the U.S.S.R., and finally settled in rural Wisconsin. She died there Nov. 22 of colon cancer, Richland County Coroner Mary Turner announced....
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch