Christian Bale defends 'Rape of Nanjing' film
Actor Christian Bale has defended his role in a Chinese-language film portraying the 1937 massacre of Chinese by Japan's imperial army in Nanjing.
Critics say the film is nationalistic and anti-Japanese, but Bale says the film is not Chinese propaganda.
"It's far more a movie about human beings and the nature of human beings' responses to crisis," he said.
The film, The Flowers of War, will be released across China on Friday and in the US in late December....
comments powered by Disqus
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I