William Wallace letter loaned to Scotland until 2014
The William Wallace Letter is to be returned to Scotland this coming January following a successful six year campaign during which a parliamentary petition played a pivotal role.
The letter was written by King Philip IV of France commanding his agents in Rome to recommend ‘our beloved William le Wallace of Scotland’ to the Pope.
Historians believe the letter dates to 1300 and was written to assure Sir William Wallace would receive safe passage as he journeyed through Europe on his way to Rome....
comments powered by Disqus
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years