HNN Teacher's Edition: Grades 9-12
|News Backgrounders||Teacher's Lounge||About|
HNN’s Teacher’s Edition: Grades 9-12 is designed to help busy high school teachers build classes around topics in the news. With just a few minutes preparation, you'll be able to teach a class on current events, even if you haven't been in a position to follow the news closely.
Our ten-year record as a credible news source cited by the New York Times, the Atlantic and other major publications gives you the assurance your lessons are grounded in objective facts.
The lesson plans we offer have been designed by veteran educators with long years of actual classroom experience. You can read about them by clicking here.
We offer two new lesson plans every month during the academic year.
Our package of materials features the lesson plan, audio-visual materials, and a backgrounder that lays out the basic facts teachers need to know.
Each backgrounder includes:
comments powered by Disqus
- Is it a reminder of Nazis or a historical object worthy of saving?
- Supreme Court reveals that the docket books of many justices survive -- and are being made available
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies