Street art attached to Civil War monuments
Overnight several Richmond monuments had street art posted on them. No one seems to know yet who did it, and no one was quite sure earlier who would remove it, either.
A political artist—identity unknown at this point—was trying to hammer home a message.
Sometime yesterday—at least that’s when anyone first noticed—three different plaques were installed at each monument.
Each plaque details the story of individuals involved with the Civil Rights movement....
comments powered by Disqus
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions