Street art attached to Civil War monuments
Overnight several Richmond monuments had street art posted on them. No one seems to know yet who did it, and no one was quite sure earlier who would remove it, either.
A political artist—identity unknown at this point—was trying to hammer home a message.
Sometime yesterday—at least that’s when anyone first noticed—three different plaques were installed at each monument.
Each plaque details the story of individuals involved with the Civil Rights movement....
comments powered by Disqus
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals