Kazimierz Smolen, Director of Auschwitz Memorial Site, Dies at 91
WARSAW (AP) — Kazimierz Smolen, a survivor of Auschwitz who was director of the memorial site there for 35 years, died on Friday, the 67th anniversary of the concentration camp’s liberation. He was 91.
Mr. Smolen’s death, in Oswiecim, the southern Polish town where Nazi Germany operated Auschwitz and Birkenau, was announced by Pawel Sawicki, a spokesman for the Auschwitz-Birkenau state museum....
comments powered by Disqus
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions
- Cornel West and the Insular World of the Obama-Hating Left