Chilling tape from Air Force One on day JFK shot
It's been nearly a half-century since the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
But new information from that day in Dallas has just been released -- audiotape of conversations between Air Force One and Washington.
For the first time, the complete audio record of the flight back from Dallas to Washington is available to the public online, from the National Archives, for free.
It helps to fill in the record of that day of sorrow, confusion and fear.
"Gonna put Mrs. Rose Kennedy on the line now," one voice can be heard saying....
comments powered by Disqus
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I