Chilling tape from Air Force One on day JFK shot
It's been nearly a half-century since the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
But new information from that day in Dallas has just been released -- audiotape of conversations between Air Force One and Washington.
For the first time, the complete audio record of the flight back from Dallas to Washington is available to the public online, from the National Archives, for free.
It helps to fill in the record of that day of sorrow, confusion and fear.
"Gonna put Mrs. Rose Kennedy on the line now," one voice can be heard saying....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."