Festival of history and broadcasting at BBC Northern Ireland
History and broadcasting will come under the spotlight in a series of illustrated talks, conversations and preview screenings in Northern Ireland next week.
The Festival of History and Broadcasting will be hosted by William Crawley and will take place from Tuesday, 21 February to Thursday, 23 February at BBC's Broadcasting House, Belfast.
Tickets for festival events and more information can be obtained on www.bbc.co.uk/tickets
Already confirmed to take part in the three-day festival are writer, historian and presenter, Dan Cruickshank (BBC's Britain's Best Buildings) and Mary Beard, historian, broadcaster and author.
As an accompaniment to The Festival of History and Broadcasting, BBC Northern Ireland asked a cross-section of people from different academic disciplines and backgrounds to consider - Why History Matters.
What follows is intended as a starting point for further discussion, and as a stimulus for the sharing of other views and opinions....
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch