Archaeology students make surprising finds at tabernacle dig site
PROVO — As The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints finalizes plans to build a temple within the walls of the fire-ravaged Provo Tabernacle, history from an even earlier building at the site is being studied.
Little by little, archaeologists and students from BYU are working in cooperation with the Church History and Temple departments of the LDS Church to unearth Provo's first Tabernacle — a building known as "the old meetinghouse."
Through their efforts, the students have discovered some of Provo's early history and find some of it surprising....
comments powered by Disqus
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist
- Book on Losing British Generals Wins American History Prize
- Stanford scholar explores civil rights revolution's positive impact on the South's economy
- Harvard Historian Nancy Koehn on Amazon's Tentacular Reach
- Q&A with historian and author Nick Turse