Archaeology students make surprising finds at tabernacle dig site
PROVO — As The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints finalizes plans to build a temple within the walls of the fire-ravaged Provo Tabernacle, history from an even earlier building at the site is being studied.
Little by little, archaeologists and students from BYU are working in cooperation with the Church History and Temple departments of the LDS Church to unearth Provo's first Tabernacle — a building known as "the old meetinghouse."
Through their efforts, the students have discovered some of Provo's early history and find some of it surprising....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."