Pelosi mocks GOP for launching Women’s History Month with Blunt amendment
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) hammered Republicans on Thursday for kicking off March — Women’s History Month — with a vote on legislation she claims would curtail women’s access to contraception.
As part of a sweeping transportation bill, Senate Republicans forced a vote Thursday on an amendment, sponsored by Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), to repeal President Obama’s new birth-control mandate for employers.
Pelosi and the Democrats are highlighting the legislation in hopes of portraying Republicans as out-of-touch with women’s healthcare needs — a message Pelosi pressed Thursday.
“Instead of talking about jobs … we’ve moved on to the Blunt amendment — a blunt, sweeping overreach into women’s health,” Pelosi said during her weekly press briefing in the Capitol....
comments powered by Disqus
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Chinese President Xi Jinping: Nobody can change history
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians
- Historian Curt Gentry, known for Hoover biography and ‘Helter Skelter,’ dies at 83
- Harvard historian: strategy of climate science denial groups 'extremely successful'