Prof. Gaddis takes home Book Critics Circle Award
The awards keep rolling in for Professor John Lewis Gaddis's biography of American statesman George Kennan.
The book, titled "George F. Kennan: An American Life," was named the winner of the National Book Critics Circle Award for biography late last week, the New York Times reported. The biography has already won the American History Book Prize, which earned Gaddis $50,000 and the title of American Historian Laureate....
comments powered by Disqus
- Is it a reminder of Nazis or a historical object worthy of saving?
- Supreme Court reveals that the docket books of many justices survive -- and are being made available
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies