Booth bobblehead on Gettysburg battlefield?
The students came from Delaware to witness the history up close, to tour the Gettysburg Battlefield and to see where President Lincoln gave his famous address.
And like so many visitors, they stopped by the bookstore in the visitor center for something by which to remember their visit.
A historic map of the hallowed ground of Gettysburg? Perhaps a print of the Great Emancipator?
Or maybe a bobblehead of Lincoln's assassin, John Wilkes Booth....
comments powered by Disqus
- Olivia Remie Constable, director of the Medieval Institute at Notre Dame since 2009, passes away
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50