Booth bobblehead on Gettysburg battlefield?
The students came from Delaware to witness the history up close, to tour the Gettysburg Battlefield and to see where President Lincoln gave his famous address.
And like so many visitors, they stopped by the bookstore in the visitor center for something by which to remember their visit.
A historic map of the hallowed ground of Gettysburg? Perhaps a print of the Great Emancipator?
Or maybe a bobblehead of Lincoln's assassin, John Wilkes Booth....
comments powered by Disqus
- Shipwreck Found Under World Trade Center Traced Back To Colonial Era Philadelphia
- Bob Dallek in the NYT gives a rave review of John Dean's history of Watergate cover-up
- Ex-President George W. Bush Authors Book About His Father
- Tears, and Anger, as Militants Destroy Iraq City’s Relics
- Europe notes 100th anniversary of World War I
- Why Benny Morris is both right and wrong
- Professor Ilan Pappé: Israel Has Chosen to be a 'Racist Apartheid State'
- History Professor: Convicted Cop Killer Mumia Should Be Celebrated Like Martin Luther King Jr. in Schools
- Robert Drew, Cinema Verite Documentarian, Dies at 90
- Rick Perlstein: “Ronald Reagan absolved America almost in a priestly role not to have to contend with sin. The consequences are all around us today”