Florida Atlantic historian celebrates first English Channel flight
Nearly 100 women from the USA, Canada and Europe are in Kent to commemorate the centenary of the first flight by a female pilot across the Channel.
Harriet Quimby flew from Dover to northern France a year after she became the first woman to gain a pilot's licence in the USA....
"This is a very important event," said history professor Dr Barbara Ganson.
Dr Ganson, of Florida Atlantic University, said: "It is always a joy to talk and to study history but I want to help make history and celebrate history.
"I'm flying the Channel - that's why I came here."...
comments powered by Disqus
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals