Minnesota library salutes 'America's game'
With the return of spring comes baseball. This year, though, fans can go beyond Target Field -- to the public library.
To coincide with the Minnesota Twins' home opener on April 9, the Hennepin County Library will host an exhibit and panel discussion at the Minneapolis Central Library.
The exhibit, "Baseball: America's Game," will feature a collection of works following the sport's history from its modest mid-19th century beginnings to the widely followed Major League Baseball of today. Photos, video and other memorabilia from George Brace's photos of baseball heroes to Jim Dow's triptychs of major league stadiums, the display traces the history of baseball....
comments powered by Disqus
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years