Minnesota library salutes 'America's game'
With the return of spring comes baseball. This year, though, fans can go beyond Target Field -- to the public library.
To coincide with the Minnesota Twins' home opener on April 9, the Hennepin County Library will host an exhibit and panel discussion at the Minneapolis Central Library.
The exhibit, "Baseball: America's Game," will feature a collection of works following the sport's history from its modest mid-19th century beginnings to the widely followed Major League Baseball of today. Photos, video and other memorabilia from George Brace's photos of baseball heroes to Jim Dow's triptychs of major league stadiums, the display traces the history of baseball....
comments powered by Disqus
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals