Baltimore May Sell Historic Landmarks
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — More than a dozen historic landmarks in Baltimore may be up for sale soon.
But as Gigi Barnett reports, the city first wants to know how much they will bring in first.
The city says its historic buildings are a liability, an eyesore and a drain on its pockets.
Baltimore’s Shot Tower was the tallest building in the nation back in 1828 and became a national historic landmark in the early 1970s. The city says it wants to know how much the Shot Tower is worth to a private developer....
comments powered by Disqus
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions
- Cornel West and the Insular World of the Obama-Hating Left