Replica of 1935 map unveiled at TN state park
MAYNARDVILLE — What was once farmland as far as the eye could see is now nearly 4,000 acres of second-growth forests with scenic lakefront views — due, in large part, to the Tennessee Valley Authority.
In celebration of the Tennessee state park system's 75th anniversary, Big Ridge State Park in Maynardville hosted a small celebration Tuesday afternoon, during which a full-scale copy of a 1935 TVA map of the region was unveiled.
The 4-by-11-foot map is an exact copy of the original, with added blue coloring for the proposed lakes, and will remain on permanent display in the park's main office....
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch