Week of April 30, 2012
May Day: From the Haymarket Massacre to the Occupy Movement
Lawrence S. Wittner
The Real War on Muslim Women
Daniel Martin Varisco
HNN Book of the Month: Why America Needs a Left: A Historical Argument -- by Eli Zaretsky
Josh Brown: Life During Wartime
The NYT's Frank Bruni wrote on Sunday that humanities majors "are least likely to find jobs reflective of their education level" according to federal projections. Why should students major in the humanities, especially given the ever-rising sticker price of college? We encourage comments and hope for a rigorous discussion -- click on the graphic to go the comments board!
HNN Teacher's Edition: For High School and Grade School
HNN’s Teacher’s Edition is designed to help busy teachers build classes around topics in the news. With just a few minutes preparation, teachers will be able to teach a class on current events, even if they haven't been in a position to follow the news closely.
News at Home
Peter Beinart and the Specter Haunting American Jewry
Mitt Romney Must Decide What Kind of America He Believes In
Civilian Casualties: Tactical Regrets and Strategic Hypocrisy
Steven I. Levine and Michael H. Hunt
Fantasies of Male Chivalry Ignore the History of Women in Wartime
Heather Marie Stur
Historians & History
Setting the Record Straight: Harry Dexter White and Soviet Espionage
R. Bruce Craig
Public History's Great Showing at the 2012 NCPH/OAH Annual Meeting
David A. Walsh
Highlights from the 2012 OAH/NCPH Annual Meeting in Milwaukee
David A. Walsh
The Pineapple that Ate Global History
Chicago 1959: This Old House It's Not
Review of John B. Thompson's Merchants of Culture: The Publishing Business in the Twenty-First Century
Review of More Powerful than Dynamite: Radicals, Plutocrats, and Progressives in New York's Year of Anarchy
comments powered by Disqus
- Earth Is In The Early Days Of A New Mass-Extinction Event, Researchers Warn
- Without World War I, what would literature look like today?
- The Secret to Early Jewish Success: Literacy
- Egypt’s Nasser is blamed for current problems by the regime
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin, says critic
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!