Why Should Students Study the Humanities?
The NYT's Frank Bruni wrote on Sunday that humanities majors "are least likely to find jobs reflective of their education level" according to federal projections. Why should students major in the humanities, especially given the ever-rising sticker price of college? We encourage comments and hope for a rigorous discussion -- click on the graphic to go the comments board!
comments powered by Disqus
- A prominent historian of science dies and no one takes notice
- A pro-Hamas Left emerges among historians, complains Jeffrey Herf
- Classicist Mary Beard celebrated by the New Yorker as “The Troll Slayer”
- Ilan Pappé praised in Iran as a "prominent anti-Zionist Israeli historian and intellectual"
- It's hard to be an optimist today, but Juan Cole is