Why Should Students Study the Humanities?
The NYT's Frank Bruni wrote on Sunday that humanities majors "are least likely to find jobs reflective of their education level" according to federal projections. Why should students major in the humanities, especially given the ever-rising sticker price of college? We encourage comments and hope for a rigorous discussion -- click on the graphic to go the comments board!
comments powered by Disqus
- Earth Is In The Early Days Of A New Mass-Extinction Event, Researchers Warn
- Without World War I, what would literature look like today?
- The Secret to Early Jewish Success: Literacy
- Egypt’s Nasser is blamed for current problems by the regime
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin, says critic
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!