Juan Cole Says the "US Out Now" Option Would Lead to Disaster
comments powered by Disqus
Jim Williams - 8/24/2005
Cole's comments are well taken. The irony is that our presence actually protects Iraq's Sunni Arabs(including the people primarily involved in the terrorism) from the previously abused Shiites and Kurds, often the victims of SUNNI terror. However, the violence has gone on so long that I fear the Shiites and Kurds will go on a rampage shortly after we depart, regardless of when we depart.
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin.
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians