11 historic sites added to endangered list
Eleven places in the Commonwealth are now on Virginia's most endangered historic sites list. The fear is that if these places are not preserved, it will be forgotten.
Libby Hill Overlook is one of a number of sites listed as endangered because neighbors have been told there are plans to build right in front of the river, but the developer says there are no plans right now to build.
The view from the Libby Hill Overlook in Church Hill is breathtaking and peaceful.
Carl Corley lives in the first house facing the overlook. He's called this place home for decades.
"It's a very historic site," he said. "You see that because people come here all day."...
comments powered by Disqus
- In words spoken hours before 9-11, hear Bill Clinton say why he could have, but didn’t, kill bin Laden
- Shipwreck Found Under World Trade Center Traced Back To Colonial Era Philadelphia
- Bob Dallek in the NYT gives a rave review of John Dean's history of Watergate cover-up
- Ex-President George W. Bush Authors Book About His Father
- Tears, and Anger, as Militants Destroy Iraq City’s Relics
- Why Benny Morris is both right and wrong
- Professor Ilan Pappé: Israel Has Chosen to be a 'Racist Apartheid State'
- History Professor: Convicted Cop Killer Mumia Should Be Celebrated Like Martin Luther King Jr. in Schools
- Robert Drew, Cinema Verite Documentarian, Dies at 90
- Rick Perlstein: “Ronald Reagan absolved America almost in a priestly role not to have to contend with sin. The consequences are all around us today”