Week of May 14, 2012
2012's Real Victory Won't Be Obama or Romney: It'll Be the National Security State
William J. Astore
Now It's Obama Who's Our First Gay President!
News at Home
What Does It Take for a Candidate to be President? Interview with Samuel Popkin
David A. Walsh
Why Did President Nixon Show George Romney the Door as Secretary of Housing and Urban Development?
Michael H. Ebner
Obama "Evolved" on Same-Sex Marriage -- Lincoln "Evolved" on Slavery
Corey M. Brooks
Why Did the Jewish Daily Forward Interview a Hamas Spokesman?
Mother's Day, 2012, and We're Still at War
America as a Shining Drone Upon a Hill
Historians & History
Was the Economic Miracle of World War II Fact or Fiction?
Roosevelt, Hughes, and the Battle over the New Deal: Interview with James Simon
"Elementary": Sherlock Holmes Is Back in a Big Way
Peter Pan, the Boy Who Never Grew Up, Flies Back to Broadway with the Lost Boys in Tow
Review of Chase Madar's The Passion of Bradley Manning: The Story of the Suspect Behind the Largest Security Breach in U.S. History
Review of Randal Maurice Jelks's Benjamin Elijah Mays, Schoolmaster of the Movement: A Biography
comments powered by Disqus
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist
- Book on Losing British Generals Wins American History Prize
- Stanford scholar explores civil rights revolution's positive impact on the South's economy
- Harvard Historian Nancy Koehn on Amazon's Tentacular Reach
- Q&A with historian and author Nick Turse