Right-wing historical art catches Colbert's eye
Provo right-wing painter Jon McNaughton is truly national news now - so much so that he was satirically "praised" by Stephen Colbert.
On "The Colbert Report" Wednesday, Colbert played clips from cable TV -- both Sean Hannity on Fox News and Melissa Harris-Perry on MSNBC -- talking about MacNaughton's works.
Colbert then used his artistic expertise to decipher the hidden meaning of McNaughton's painting "One Nation Under Socialism," which shows President Barack Obama holding up a flaming copy of the U.S. Constitution....
comments powered by Disqus
- Veterans fast vanishing from halls of Congress
- Found yew! The 'oldest tree in Europe' discovered in a Welsh cemetery
- Washington and Lee president apologizes for university's connection to slavery but defends Gen. Robert E. Lee
- ISIS Is About to Destroy Biblical History in Iraq
- Amateur sleuths discover Seminole Indian War fort in Florida Everglades
- Notre Dame professor says 1960s led to dressing down of Americans
- Veteran Journalists Discuss the Passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Historians Against the War draws attention to case of professor investigated for meeting with controversial Palestinian leaders
- American professor denied entry, blacklisted for supporting jailed Uighur professor
- Michael Kazin vs. John Milton Cooper: How Wrong Was Wilson about the Necessity of War?