Child raises $10K to save battlefields
AUSTIN (KXAN) - Early next month, the Civil War Trust , an organization dedicated to the preservation of historic battlefields from the War between the States, will hand out its first ever award to a child.
That child is Andrew Druart, 12, from South Austin.
“They're giving me an award for junior preservation,” said Andrew. “I'm the first one to get this award for protecting battlefields at such a young age.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Theodore Van Kirk, 93, Enola Gay Navigator, Dies
- The beautiful, historic shrines that Islamists try to destroy
- East Germany's Blood Art: No Justice for Victims of Regime's Treasure Hunt
- President Warren Harding’s Love Letters Open to the Public
- Earth Is In The Early Days Of A New Mass-Extinction Event, Researchers Warn
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin, says critic
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy