Turner Joy a tourist attraction
Your ride back into history begins at the Seattle ferry dock and ends 50 minutes later as you glide into Bremerton's harbor. There on your right is the Vietnam War. You may remember it: the war to end all unnecessary wars (until Iraq). It is embodied in all 418 feet of the USS Turner Joy, a Navy destroyer built and launched in Seattle in 1958, serving honorably in the Pacific and less honorably in the Gulf of Tonkin, now retired and open for public visits at its Bremerton waterfront moorage.
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch