Life releases new JFK pics
It’s the days before Camelot, as you’ve never seen them before.
LIFE magazine has released a trove of rare, behind-the-scenes images from John F. Kennedy’s epic 1960 presidential campaign.
LIFE'S Kennedy chroniclers Paul Schutzer, Alfred Eisenstaedt and George Silk were there for nearly every moment of the then 43-year-old Kennedy’s run to become the United States’ second-youngest President, and first Catholic one.
comments powered by Disqus
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Chinese President Xi Jinping: Nobody can change history
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians
- Historian Curt Gentry, known for Hoover biography and ‘Helter Skelter,’ dies at 83
- Harvard historian: strategy of climate science denial groups 'extremely successful'
- Curators at Victoria and Albert Museum are pushing the boundaries of collecting
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation