Adidas SCRAPS 'outrageous' new trainers with orange 'shackles' after racism row
A racism row has forced Adidas to scrap its plans for a pair of trainers with ‘shackles’.
Critics had compared the 'JS Roundhouse Mids', to be released in August, to the chains worn by black slaves in the 19th century.
Now the sportswear giant has cancelled the launch of the Jeremy Scott-designed footwear and apologised for causing any offence....
comments powered by Disqus
- Shipwreck Found Under World Trade Center Traced Back To Colonial Era Philadelphia
- Bob Dallek in the NYT gives a rave review of John Dean's history of Watergate cover-up
- Ex-President George W. Bush Authors Book About His Father
- Tears, and Anger, as Militants Destroy Iraq City’s Relics
- Europe notes 100th anniversary of World War I
- Rick Perlstein: “Ronald Reagan absolved America almost in a priestly role not to have to contend with sin. The consequences are all around us today”
- History wars are raging in East Asia
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't