Adidas SCRAPS 'outrageous' new trainers with orange 'shackles' after racism row
A racism row has forced Adidas to scrap its plans for a pair of trainers with ‘shackles’.
Critics had compared the 'JS Roundhouse Mids', to be released in August, to the chains worn by black slaves in the 19th century.
Now the sportswear giant has cancelled the launch of the Jeremy Scott-designed footwear and apologised for causing any offence....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."