Take a scandalous tour of Washington
Anyone who’s been a seventh-grader knows all about tours of Washington: the Thomas Jefferson Memorial, the White House, the Washington Monument and so on. It’s enough to put your civic pride into overdrive.
Sean Williams has a different type of tour for you.
While the company he founded, DC Walkabout, offers seven different tours, one has been a crowd favorite since he launched it earlier this summer: the American Scandal tour.
For two hours, Williams takes a group on a walk highlighting the infamous side of Washington — from Marion Barry to Richard Nixon and Monica Lewinsky to Eliot Spitzer. On DC Walkabout’s website, the tour is referred to as “ recommended for adults” and “rated R (for ridiculous).”...
comments powered by Disqus
- How Americans Feel About Religious Groups
- Tea Party support linked to educational segregation, new study shows
- History of Philly Rests Under I-95
- Agreement aims to protect North Shore wrecks from looters
- Award-Winning Filmmaker Kevin McCann to Produce the First Film about the Easter Rising in Ireland
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years
- Historian Tim Furnish says liberals shouldn't be astonished that ISIS is stoning women to death -- "in many Muslim countries ... large majorities ... favor stoning"
- Historian turns baker?