Oppose proposed cuts to NEH
On June 20, the House Interior Appropriations Subcommittee marked up its FY 2013 spending bill that includes funding for the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH). The bill proposes $132 million for the agency in FY 2013. This represents a decrease of $14 million, or 9.6%, from the FY 2012 level of $146 million.
Now is the time to register your opposition. The full House Appropriations Committee still needs to consider the bill. If you have received grants or other support from the NEH, now is the time to let your legislators know the impact they have had in your community, especially if your Representative is a member of the full House Appropriations Committee, where this funding will next be up for consideration.
Please contact your Representative today and ask them to support the humanities and oppose cuts to the NEH. The National Coalition for History is asking Congress to provide no less than $154.3 million for NEH in FY 2013, the same level requested by the President.
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch