Historian David Starkey branded a 'racist' and a 'bigot'
Historian David Starkey provoked a race row yesterday after claiming the Rochdale child exploitation ring who groomed white girls for sex had values 'that were 'entrenched in foothills of the Punjab'.
During a public debate he said the gang, who were jailed last month for targeting vulnerable teenage girls, needed to be 'inculcated in the British ways of doing things.'
But he was branded a 'racist' and a 'bigot' by journalist Laurie Penny, who attended the panel event at Wellington College in Berkshire....
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch