Vermont Historian Samuel B. Hand Dies At Age 80
Funeral services were held on Monday for an academic who helped generations of Vermonters understand their state's history.
Samuel Hand was hired as a professor of American history when he was hired at the University of Vermont in 1961.
But before long, he became as the "dean of Vermont studies" for his landmark work on 19th and 20th century politics....
comments powered by Disqus
- Theodore Van Kirk, 93, Enola Gay Navigator, Dies
- The beautiful, historic shrines that Islamists try to destroy
- East Germany's Blood Art: No Justice for Victims of Regime's Treasure Hunt
- President Warren Harding’s Love Letters Open to the Public
- Earth Is In The Early Days Of A New Mass-Extinction Event, Researchers Warn
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?