Vermont Historian Samuel B. Hand Dies At Age 80
Funeral services were held on Monday for an academic who helped generations of Vermonters understand their state's history.
Samuel Hand was hired as a professor of American history when he was hired at the University of Vermont in 1961.
But before long, he became as the "dean of Vermont studies" for his landmark work on 19th and 20th century politics....
comments powered by Disqus
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!