Sorrow in Srebrenica: Bosnians bury 520 victims
The pain that seared Srebrenica 17 years ago burned fresh Wednesday as tens of thousands of Bosnian Muslims came to bury their dead in the town whose name is now synonymous with genocide.
In a ceremony broadcast live on television across the country, 520 coffins were placed in the ground as tears flowed like water from family and friends
On the anniversary of Europe's worst massacre since World War II, 30,000 Muslims traveled to a memorial center in Srebrenica to honor the thousands of Muslim men and boys slaughtered in July 1995 by Serb forces...
Tired of listening to political speeches every year, the families of the victims allowed only Holocaust survivor Rabbi Arthur Schneier of the Park East Synagogue in New York to address them during Wednesday's ceremony...
comments powered by Disqus
- Major Chinese art collection of late historian set for Oxford museum
- Hobbit author JRR Tolkien's World War One revolver on display
- British Library uploads one million public domain images to the net for remix and reuse
- Last veteran of Polish-Soviet War dies, aged 113
- Polynesians May Have Invented Binary Math
- Announcing the Curator-Led Tours of the National Museum of American History
- Professors: NC Conservative Think Tank Trying To 'Bully' Chapel Hill Instructor
- Historian’s 1960 essay foresaw Kentucky’s education problems
- Tech historian to Silicon Valley wannabes: Think different
- Writings of Ron Radosh available now on Discover The Networks