Singer sues noted historian over alleged depiction as alcoholic
An Irish traditional singer is suing historian Prof Diarmaid Ferriter claiming the cover of the academic’s book on the Pioneers depicts him as an alcoholic.
Tim Lyons, Athenry, Co Galway, claims a photo of him with two pints of stout on the cover of Prof Ferriter’s A Nation of Extremes – The Pioneers in Twentieth Century Ireland depicts him as an alcoholic. He is also suing the book’s publisher, Irish Academic Press....
comments powered by Disqus
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Chinese President Xi Jinping: Nobody can change history
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians
- Historian Curt Gentry, known for Hoover biography and ‘Helter Skelter,’ dies at 83
- Harvard historian: strategy of climate science denial groups 'extremely successful'