Singer sues noted historian over alleged depiction as alcoholic
An Irish traditional singer is suing historian Prof Diarmaid Ferriter claiming the cover of the academic’s book on the Pioneers depicts him as an alcoholic.
Tim Lyons, Athenry, Co Galway, claims a photo of him with two pints of stout on the cover of Prof Ferriter’s A Nation of Extremes – The Pioneers in Twentieth Century Ireland depicts him as an alcoholic. He is also suing the book’s publisher, Irish Academic Press....
comments powered by Disqus
- Richard III Really Ate and Drank Like a King
- Where’s the one place in the world where nobody’s messed with WW II relics?
- Secrets of the Clinton Library
- Beloit College is out with its annual list of what freshman know ... Tiny Tim? Carl Sagan? Forget about it.
- India Bans Indira Gandhi Assassination Film
- A prominent historian of science dies and no one takes notice
- A pro-Hamas Left emerges among historians, complains Jeffrey Herf
- Classicist Mary Beard celebrated by the New Yorker as “The Troll Slayer”
- Ilan Pappé praised in Iran as a "prominent anti-Zionist Israeli historian and intellectual"
- It's hard to be an optimist today, but Juan Cole is