What If Congress Was Dissolved? A Low-Budget Daydream From 1947 [VIDEO]
Mr. Williams is fed up with Congress. For one, the governing body can't seem to build a post office within walking distance to his house. It's a mile a way for goodness' sake.
"I don't care a hang who gets to Congress," Mr. Williams says to a friend who compels him to vote in the upcoming election. "What's Congress ever given me except a lot of trouble? … You know what I think? I think we'd all be better off if there wasn't any Congress."...
comments powered by Disqus
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding