Lost MLK interview discovered
(Memphis) A lost piece of history was discovered in Chattanooga, TN.
A recorded interview with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was found in an attic.
It was part of an interview with Dr. King from 1960.
The interview was going to be part of a book on race relations in Tennessee, but it was never finished. Now the story is available for everyone to hear.
In the newly uncovered lost piece of history Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. discusses the civil rights movement as it happened.
In the interview Dr. King told the interviewer, “When the history books are written in future years historians will have to record this movement as one of the greatest epics of our heritage.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."