Lost MLK interview discovered
(Memphis) A lost piece of history was discovered in Chattanooga, TN.
A recorded interview with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was found in an attic.
It was part of an interview with Dr. King from 1960.
The interview was going to be part of a book on race relations in Tennessee, but it was never finished. Now the story is available for everyone to hear.
In the newly uncovered lost piece of history Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. discusses the civil rights movement as it happened.
In the interview Dr. King told the interviewer, “When the history books are written in future years historians will have to record this movement as one of the greatest epics of our heritage.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals