Adlai Stevenson home may become landmark
METTAWA, Ill. (AP) — The home of former Illinois Gov. Adlai Stevenson could be named a National Historic Landmark.
Historian Robie Lange says despite Stevenson failed bids for the presidency in 1952 and 1956, he meets the criteria as a nationally significant individual of the mid-20th century....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Michael Ignatieff writes a memoir explaining why he failed in politics
- Olivia Remie Constable, director of the Medieval Institute at Notre Dame since 2009, passes away
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"