Dennis McBride named head of Nevada State Museum
Las Vegas' Nevada State Museum, which celebrates its first birthday Oct. 28, has a new director: Southern Nevada historian and author Dennis McBride.
McBride, curator of history and collections since 2007, succeeds David Millman, who retired early this year.
The new $51 million museum, located on the grounds of the Springs Preserve, is "the only museum in this part of the state that includes the entire history of the state of Nevada, from prehistory - which means fossils - to present-day history," with a focus on everything from government agencies to showgirls, McBride said. "It's the cultural repository for the state of Nevada."...
comments powered by Disqus
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I