Jeff Glor talks to historian Fredrik Logevall [VIDEO]
[CLICK ON LINK ABOVE TO VIEW VIDEO]
Jeff Glor talks to historian Fredrik Logevall about his new book, "Embers of War," which traces how the twentieth century conflict in Vietnam drew in all the world's powers, led to the demise of France's colonial empire, and embroiled the United States in an unavoidable quagmire. Logevall is John S. Knight Professor of International Studies and professor of history at Cornell University, where he serves as director of the Mario Einaudi Center for International Studies.
comments powered by Disqus
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding