"Lincoln" trailer gets its own online premiere
(CBS News) Movies usually get teased with a trailer and introduced at a premiere.
But in the case of Steven Spielberg's upcoming film "Lincoln," the full-length trailer received an online premiere Thursday, teased by a short trailer released earlier this week.
The trailer premiered during a Google+ hangout with the film's director, Spielberg, and cast member Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
"Lincoln" stars Daniel Day-Lewis and chronicles the last few months of the president's life, as he works to end the Civil War and abolish slavery.
The film also stars Sally Field, David Strathairn , James Spader, Hal Holbrook and Tommy Lee Jones. The screenplay, written by Tony Kushner, is based on the book "Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln" by Doris Kearns Goodwin....
comments powered by Disqus
- Earth Is In The Early Days Of A New Mass-Extinction Event, Researchers Warn
- Without World War I, what would literature look like today?
- The Secret to Early Jewish Success: Literacy
- Egypt’s Nasser is blamed for current problems by the regime
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin, says critic
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!