Week of October 22, 2012
News at Home
The Framers would be aghast at our electoral politics today.
Presidential “Czars”: A Constitutional Aberration
Obama has appointed more executive branch czars than any other president.
Barack D. Eisenhower
Why Obama is like Ike.
Inside the efforts to drain the San Francisco reservoir.
Face/Off: The Last 2012 Presidential Debate
On foreign policy, the candidates are practically identical.
Don't count on the Pentagon ever changing its first principles.
Why the Only Solution is the Two-State Solution
A one-state solution means the end of a Jewish Israel.
Historians & History
The Importance of Doing Recent History
Navigating a bewildering world of new sources, new media, and information overload.
The Inevitability of the Cold War
Six months in 1945 determined the course of the next half-century.
High Speed Amtrak: Part II
Amtrak's Quik-Trip from Chicago to St. Louis.
With Apologies to Browning...
The GOP's rape problem.
|Carl Van Vechten stand as a beacon of light to those truly committed to grappling with queer and black issues.|
A solid, workmanlike, and inexpensive approach to U.S. history for students.
comments powered by Disqus
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- Archaeologists' findings may prove Rome a century older than thought
- 150 years of medical journals to go online
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies
- Italian forces in WW2 were not soft and Mussolini wasn't a clown, British historian claims