Week of October 22, 2012
News at Home
The Framers would be aghast at our electoral politics today.
Presidential “Czars”: A Constitutional Aberration
Obama has appointed more executive branch czars than any other president.
Barack D. Eisenhower
Why Obama is like Ike.
Inside the efforts to drain the San Francisco reservoir.
Face/Off: The Last 2012 Presidential Debate
On foreign policy, the candidates are practically identical.
Don't count on the Pentagon ever changing its first principles.
Why the Only Solution is the Two-State Solution
A one-state solution means the end of a Jewish Israel.
Historians & History
The Importance of Doing Recent History
Navigating a bewildering world of new sources, new media, and information overload.
The Inevitability of the Cold War
Six months in 1945 determined the course of the next half-century.
High Speed Amtrak: Part II
Amtrak's Quik-Trip from Chicago to St. Louis.
With Apologies to Browning...
The GOP's rape problem.
|Carl Van Vechten stand as a beacon of light to those truly committed to grappling with queer and black issues.|
A solid, workmanlike, and inexpensive approach to U.S. history for students.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."