Former IRA member talking
The war between Catholics and Protestants in Northern Ireland ended more than a decade ago. But, a new battle has broken out over an oral history that contains some of the Irish Republican Army's (IRA) deepest secrets.
"As they always say, the victors write the history," Delours Price said.
The history she is talking about is when Catholics and Protestants were at war in Northern Ireland and when Delours and her sister Marian were IRA fighters trying to force the British out....
comments powered by Disqus
- History of Philly Rests Under I-95
- Agreement aims to protect North Shore wrecks from looters
- Award-Winning Filmmaker Kevin McCann to Produce the First Film about the Easter Rising in Ireland
- Clinton seen as the most intelligent president, George W. Bush the least
- Yahoo gains access to the CIA’s secret museum
- Historian Tim Furnish says liberals shouldn't be astonished that ISIS is stoning women to death -- "in many Muslim countries ... large majorities ... favor stoning"
- Historian turns baker?
- Timothy Garton Ash remembers an appearance by Putin at a conference in 1994 that's eye-opening
- NYT calls out China for denying visas to historians who write about touchy subjects
- History professor writes and directs a movie about (drum roll) a historian!