Princeton Battlefield Society files lawsuit
PRINCETON TOWNSHIP – The Princeton Battlefield Society has filed another lawsuit aimed at stopping a faculty housing development proposed by the Institute for Advanced Study on land that the group argues was a key Revolutionary War battlefield.
The preservation group filed suit Friday asking the courts to reverse an approval the project was given by the Delaware and Raritan Canal Commission last month.
The IAS sought waivers from the DRCC to build the development in stream corridors, according to the battlefield society’s appeal filing. The commission gave default approval because of a rule that a project is automatically approved if the commission is unable to act on an application in 45 days....
comments powered by Disqus
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I