Guy Fraker writes book about Lincoln’s years as circuit-riding lawyer
BLOOMINGTON — In a roundabout way, Central Illinois saved the United States.
That’s among the conclusions Bloomington attorney Guy Fraker reached in researching his book, “Lincoln’s Ladder to the Presidency,” about Abraham Lincoln’s years as a circuit-riding lawyer in Central Illinois.
The book goes on sale next month.
“If Lincoln had not come from Central Illinois and the circuit, he would not have been nominated (for president). … I really believe Central Illinois made Abraham Lincoln president and I believe Abraham Lincoln is the only man who could have saved the country,” Fraker said....
comments powered by Disqus
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!