Week of October 29, 2012
In the wake of Sandy, a look back at other historic hurricanes, floods, and other natural disasters in American history.
My plea to state and country officials: Let Election Day proceed as normally as possible
From “Who Lost China?” to “Who Lost Libya?”
Those familiar with U.S. foreign policy since the 1940s can hardly avoid drawing comparisons.
Why Obama Will Win This Election
Two words: Republican failures.
High Speed Amtrak: Part II
Amtrak's Quik-Trip from Chicago to St. Louis.
With Apologies to Browning...
The GOP's rape problem.
News at Home
The Framers would be aghast at our electoral politics today.
Presidential “Czars”: A Constitutional Aberration
Obama has appointed more executive branch czars than any other president.
Barack D. Eisenhower
Why Obama is like Ike.
Inside the efforts to drain the San Francisco reservoir.
Face/Off: The Last 2012 Presidential Debate
On foreign policy, the candidates are practically identical.
Don't count on the Pentagon ever changing its first principles.
Why the Only Solution is the Two-State Solution
A one-state solution means the end of a Jewish Israel.
Historians & History
The Importance of Doing Recent History
Navigating a bewildering world of new sources, new media, and information overload.
The Inevitability of the Cold War
Six months in 1945 determined the course of the next half-century.
The Forgotten Los Angeles Race Riot
Interview with Historian Scott Zesch on the Chinatown Massacre of 1871
'Tis the political season on-stage as well as off.
When History Repeats Itself on A Summer's Day
But does anybody really care?
|Carl Van Vechten stand as a beacon of light to those truly committed to grappling with queer and black issues.|
A solid, workmanlike, and inexpensive approach to U.S. history for students.
comments powered by Disqus
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Archive of WW II war crimes made public
- They tried to kill Hitler. Now they’re heroes.
- ‘Clinton Inc.’ Author Dishes on Monica Lewinsky and the Blue Dress
- Senator’s Thesis Turns Out to Be Remix of Others’ Works, Uncited
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation
- John D’Emilio, renowned professor of gay studies, retires
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in