William Chafe book claims Bill Clinton asked Hillary for a divorce in 1990
A new book by historian William Chafe, entitled “Bill and Hillary,” dissects the couple’s marriage and alleges that Bill Clinton asked Hillary for a divorce in 1990 before he embarked on his long- shot bid for the presidency.
William Chafe is currently a Professor of History at Duke University and a highly regarded historian.
The book, reviewed in Sunday’s New York Times, alleges that in 1990 Bill wanted to leave Hillary for an energy-company executive named Marilyn Jo Jenkins.
Chafe says that Bill asked Hillary for a divorce but the future first lady refused....
comments powered by Disqus
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals