William Chafe book claims Bill Clinton asked Hillary for a divorce in 1990
A new book by historian William Chafe, entitled “Bill and Hillary,” dissects the couple’s marriage and alleges that Bill Clinton asked Hillary for a divorce in 1990 before he embarked on his long- shot bid for the presidency.
William Chafe is currently a Professor of History at Duke University and a highly regarded historian.
The book, reviewed in Sunday’s New York Times, alleges that in 1990 Bill wanted to leave Hillary for an energy-company executive named Marilyn Jo Jenkins.
Chafe says that Bill asked Hillary for a divorce but the future first lady refused....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."
- The historian who unearthed "Twelve Years a Slave"