William Chafe book claims Bill Clinton asked Hillary for a divorce in 1990
A new book by historian William Chafe, entitled “Bill and Hillary,” dissects the couple’s marriage and alleges that Bill Clinton asked Hillary for a divorce in 1990 before he embarked on his long- shot bid for the presidency.
William Chafe is currently a Professor of History at Duke University and a highly regarded historian.
The book, reviewed in Sunday’s New York Times, alleges that in 1990 Bill wanted to leave Hillary for an energy-company executive named Marilyn Jo Jenkins.
Chafe says that Bill asked Hillary for a divorce but the future first lady refused....
comments powered by Disqus
- History of Philly Rests Under I-95
- Agreement aims to protect North Shore wrecks from looters
- Award-Winning Filmmaker Kevin McCann to Produce the First Film about the Easter Rising in Ireland
- Clinton seen as the most intelligent president, George W. Bush the least
- Yahoo gains access to the CIA’s secret museum
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years
- Historian Tim Furnish says liberals shouldn't be astonished that ISIS is stoning women to death -- "in many Muslim countries ... large majorities ... favor stoning"
- Historian turns baker?
- Timothy Garton Ash remembers an appearance by Putin at a conference in 1994 that's eye-opening