Tim Stanley: Obama's performance in third debate described as 'rude and unpresidential
According to U.S. historian Tim Stanley, Mitt Romney won the third presidential debate. Stanley says that while Romney looked like a proper head of state, Obama's antics made him "look like a lawyer," at the third and final debate in Boca Raton, Florida, last night.
Stanley says the debate was encapsulated in a single exchange. When Romney says that the U.S. Navy now has fewer ships than it did in 1916, Obama glibly retorted, "I think Governor Romney maybe hasn't spent enough time looking at how our military works.
"You mentioned the navy, for example, and that we have fewer ships than we did in 1916. Well, governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets because the nature of our military's changed." Audience response was favorable, as everyone laughed....
comments powered by Disqus
- Cultural historian who helped end censorship of "Lady Chatterley's Lover," dies
- Thomas Slaughter interviewed about his new book on the American Revolution
- Historian Michael Ignatieff writes a memoir explaining why he failed in politics
- Olivia Remie Constable, director of the Medieval Institute at Notre Dame since 2009, passes away
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history