'Argo' finally tops box office with $12.4M
It took three weeks, but "Argo" finally found its way to the top of the box office.
The Warner Bros. thriller from director and star Ben Affleck, inspired by the real-life rescue of six U.S. embassy workers during the 1979 Iranian hostage crisis, made nearly $12.4 million this weekend, according to Sunday studio estimates. "Argo" had been in second place the past two weeks and has now made about $60.8 million total...
comments powered by Disqus
- Major Chinese art collection of late historian set for Oxford museum
- Hobbit author JRR Tolkien's World War One revolver on display
- British Library uploads one million public domain images to the net for remix and reuse
- Last veteran of Polish-Soviet War dies, aged 113
- Polynesians May Have Invented Binary Math
- Announcing the Curator-Led Tours of the National Museum of American History
- Professors: NC Conservative Think Tank Trying To 'Bully' Chapel Hill Instructor
- Historian’s 1960 essay foresaw Kentucky’s education problems
- Tech historian to Silicon Valley wannabes: Think different
- Writings of Ron Radosh available now on Discover The Networks