Harold Holzer writes companion book for "Lincoln"
ALBANY, N.Y. — One of the leading authorities on Abraham Lincoln has written a companion book for Steven Spielberg's newly released film on the 16th president.
The book by New York historian and author Harold Holzer, titled "Lincoln: How Abraham Lincoln Ended Slavery in America," is geared toward young readers....
comments powered by Disqus
- How Americans Feel About Religious Groups
- Tea Party support linked to educational segregation, new study shows
- History of Philly Rests Under I-95
- Agreement aims to protect North Shore wrecks from looters
- Award-Winning Filmmaker Kevin McCann to Produce the First Film about the Easter Rising in Ireland
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years
- Historian Tim Furnish says liberals shouldn't be astonished that ISIS is stoning women to death -- "in many Muslim countries ... large majorities ... favor stoning"
- Historian turns baker?
- Timothy Garton Ash remembers an appearance by Putin at a conference in 1994 that's eye-opening