Elie Wiesel talks about facing his mortality on "OWN"
The interview, which falls on the first day of Hanukkah, features the 82-year-old Holocaust survivor talking about his open heart surgery, being a witness to history as well as the impact of being among the victims of the Bernie Madoff Ponzi scheme. Wiesel received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1986.
The interview precedes a 2006 “The Oprah Winfrey Show” episode during which Wiesel and Oprah Winfrey travel to Poland where they visit the grounds of the Auschwitz death camp....
comments powered by Disqus
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!